A Tibetan living overseas sharing thoughts and observations

Friday, May 29, 2009

May 21th,09 Maya's Speech and From Gujarat,India concert. LA electric 8 and Cari Ann's concert.

In the morning I practised Javanese music with my group. Some studants didn't learn music before. But today they played very well. I was surprised. After class I asked some studants."Did you study music before?" most students started to learn music in middle school.
At 12:00 I listened to Maya's speech with C.B. also there was some food. We ate lunch there. Maya's speech was about Buddhism and she is from Germany but she researches Korean Buddhism. some people and professors asked Maya questions. I asked Cedar Bough " Do you have some question for Maya" she said "No" I thought she was. Because she also research Korean Buddhism ten years ago. In the afternoon there was a concert at the Fowler Museum. LA Electric 8 play music and everyone watched some video of Cari Ann's. There was some food and drink. But people can't take photos or make video recordings. After the concert. We went to another concert in the music building. SidiGoma is from Gujara, India. Their performenc was very good. When I watched their performence. I think traditional things are the bast. When we went in to the room people respected their culture by taking off their shoos. Rebecca doesn't go inside she stood near the door. Because she thought that room is very dirty. I thought that was very interesting, wow.

1 comment:

  1. you are experiencing so much Karjam, it is incredible. You should know that most Americans never experience the range of art that you are seeing. I enjoyed playing Gamelan with you. It was fun, I liked the way you sang the melodies as you way to remember. Great to have you around. Judy

    ReplyDelete