A Tibetan living overseas sharing thoughts and observations

Friday, May 1, 2009

April 25th, 2009 -- Los Angeles Festival of Books

My wife has a lot of work at home. I went to the Festival of Books at UCLA. there were a lot of books and a lot of people. I bought four books, they were very cheap. But in some places the books were very expensive, I really wanted to buy a book. That book has pictures and good poems about Tibetan culture. But it was very expensive, $65.
The wind blew some scaffolding over. Three people went to the hospital. That scaffolding had a big plastic sign, with words on it. Then the police very quickly took the ads from all the scaffolding everywhere in the festival. The wind was strong.
A woman wrote a book about her grandfather. Her grandfather lived a long time in Lanzhou, China. We spoke Chinese and she went to Lanzhou many times to research her book.
A woman lost her older daughter. Then she called her daughter's name four or six times, very loud and she worried a lot. But three minutes later, she found her daughter. I thought that mother was very angry and she will strike her daughter. If she was Tibetan, she would hit her daughter. But they very lovely and hug together and daughter said "I am sorry mother, next time I won't do that."




No comments:

Post a Comment