A Tibetan living overseas sharing thoughts and observations

Sunday, July 5, 2009

June 08th, 2009 I went to Seattle and Lopez Island.

I woke up at 6:00 am, Cedar Bough helped me carry my stuff. We went to LAX airport mostly with many very heavy books. Also I had my instrument, a Bouzouki, it is very big. In the airport many people asked me “is that a banjo” I said “No this is Karley, my bouzouki but next year I will want to buy a banjo and I like banjo” They said “yes banjos sound very good” at 8:20 I flew to Seattle and all the seats were full. I arrived in Seattle at 11:30 and I ate a good lunch at the airport. At 12:20 I got to the shuttle bus and Maya Borhani got the bus, too. On the bus we talked all the way. She went to many plans with her group performance for around ten days. After two hours we got to the ferry and went to Lopez Island. My mother-in-law (Edi) waited for me at the ferry landing. Maya’s daughter came to the ferry landing. Then we went to the market and I bought a lot of food and when we went home Edi asked me about my family in Tibet and she said “Supper at 7:00pm.” After I cleaned my small house I went to Edi’s home and ate dinner together. She made very good food and a little dessert she said “Gregg and Irene went to Seattle they will come back tomorrow” after dinner Zack and Irene and their daughter Juniper came to my house to hug me and say hello. They said “Karjam we want to have dinner tomorrow night at our home together” Then I went to Irene Skyriver’s garden. Gregg made a new gate and the garden changed a lot. Wow Lopez here is really good all the way are green and quiet and I can listen to bird songs

No comments:

Post a Comment