A Tibetan living overseas sharing thoughts and observations

Thursday, June 4, 2009

May 23rd, 2009 Buddhism Event offers ceremony.

Cedar Bough wanted do some thing at home. I went to a buddhism ceremony at UCLA in Kerckhoff Grand salon. A lot of people came there and some monks talked a little about Buddhism. Because today is Buddha's birth day. We washed the Buddha's face and made three Groups and talked with each other. Monks from Sri Lanka and China and Korea. They had a little food for lunch. No meat. After lunch there were some performances also Tibetan dance. That dance is not good and the dancers were just Chinese students. But I'm very happy they are dancing. I met the famous photagrapher Don Farber and his Tibetan wife Yeshi. We talked alittle bit. Don Farber had a lot of photography books and people bought some of his books. When I went to UCLA I met a woman. Her name is Radka and I think she understands me. She helped me show some things
and we talked very slowly. I falt that was very different Buddhist ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment